When in this year’s April I started Blogging, I had no idea how much fun it would be, how many wonderful connections there would grow and how interesting and inspiring the exchange with like-minded People would be. Generally I wasn’t sure if Blogging would work for me.
Not only does it work, but it really has become something I very much enjoy doing and which adds up so well to my interests such as photography, mindfulness, life..in General, buddhism, psychology, Meditation, artmaking, creativity, Music, enjoying some sort of simplicity Lifestyle…and and and so much more 🙂
To me personally it’s not actually not too surprising that one of my deaerst Blogger friends here on wordpress is from Canada (simply because I wonder if I have been a Canadian in another life, and maybe lived in Toronto or Ottawa, pretty much the only cities in the world where I didn’t get lost so far, besides my hometown….^^)
Sherry Galey, who nominated me for the Sushine Award, and I met here on wordpress through our mutual love for photography and generally what I’d like to call a “contemplative mind set”.. (I hope this works for you, Sherry)
I so admire her blog posts, they warm me from the inside and there have been quite a few days yet when looking at one of her posts with those outstanding photos have accompanied me all day, or inspired me for a photo-stroll or a graphite-pencil drawing.
Thank you so much, Sherry !!
I humbly and thankfully accept this wonderful Award.
As part of the Award Sherry has come up with 10 questions she is asking the nominees. Here they are (and I like what you came up with, Sherry!)
1 If you could learn one skill that you’ve never had, what would it be, and why?
Hard one, I guess it’d be to be way way better in hanging up Picture Frames. My dearies always say “nice Picture- but what happened to the Frame?” ; ) This and being less afraid of technical things around the household. Repairing things in the household and all this. Why? Because – for the Pictures – I love it being not too sloped – it sure is nicer. I just have hard times taking care of it myself ^^. And as for the repairing …I like being Independent.
2 What do you love more taking photographs or writing?
Tough choice! It very much depends on my mood and the circumstances. I often have the camera with me as well as a bunch of pens and at least one Notebook.
3 Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
Definitely an introvert!
4 Do you have a fear that you have not yet conquered?
5 Do you have a dream you’ve suppressed due to life commitments?
A sabbatical – preferredly in Canada. It’s not off the list yet though. 🙂
6 Are you a night owl or a morning person?
Very cleary a Morning (-Meditation) Person.
7 What book has made a huge impact on you?
Definitely – about 2 years ago – I read “Buddhistische Psychotherapie” (buddhistic psychotherapy) by a very talented psychologist/psychotherapist from Bielefeld who links Western therapy methods with Basic Buddhist teachings in a very effective, unique, mindful way.
“Tuesdays with Morrie” – after dealing with a personal loss which was quite a bit to handle.
8 If you could travel to any place in Canada, where would it be?
Well, starting in Toronto (and taking my longboard this time!! at least partly) and strolling around with the camera for weeks, going towards Lake Ontario, for example Coburg, up to Québec, Forillon National Park (L’Anse au Griffon) then back to Ottawa, staying there again for a couple weeks, strolling, Tim Horton’s hopping :), going to the Gatineau Park, and of course spending lots of time at Byward Market!
9 What qualities most touch you in a person?
Compassion and a good sense of humour touch me very much, as well as sensitivity, and being able to commit to the things they love. I also love a certain kind of “keeping it simple”, I love when People are able to enjoy a Cup of tea and see beauty in everyday things. I find a certain degree of “craziness” appealing, too.
10 What do you do when inspiration to create leaves you?
though one. I am doing my best to follow the advise of Tara Leaver, who suggests to bake or cook something. This enables you mostly to follow a recipe but yet you are creating something. So, mostly it turns out to be cooking a soup. 🙂
- A little sunshine… (sherrygaley.wordpress.com)
Part of accepting the Award is to nominate 10 People, drop them a lovely comment about them being nominated for the Sunshine Award on their Blogs and post their names and the links of their Blogs in my post
Dear nominees, if you like to accept your Award, this is how you go about it. 🙂
1. Include the award logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself and write 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
Here are ten People, whose blog posts inspire and amaze me again and again. Thanks to you guys for that!
- Lijuin – http://lijiun.wordpress.com/
- Cristina Reyeros of Ambition in the City: http://ambitioninthecity.com/
- Sarah G. of centered Spirit: http://centeredspirit.wordpress.com/
- The guys of kindnessblog: http://kindnessblog.com/
- David N. of course: http://smilecalm.wordpress.com/
- Dennis Cardiff of Gotta Find a Home: http://gottafindahome.wordpress.com/
- Charlotte of the wonderful blog strictlyholistic: http://strictlyholistic.com/
- Karl Duffy of Mindfulbalance: www.mindfulbalance.org
- Michelle http://michellegd.com/
- Iceland Penny from http://icelandpenny.wordpress.com/
Soooo, dear nominees, here are the question I came up with:
- What’s your favourite place to be?
- Do you play an Instrument, if yes, which one?
- If you did a sabbatical, what would you do or where would you go?
- What is creativity for you?
- Do you like to write handwritten letters, journals and notes, and if yes, why?
- Do you have a Motto or a theme song?
- Do you have a favourite, Kind of “lift-me-up-quote”?
- Do you do any kind of Meditation practice?
- Which song, book or film sticks with you for a Long while already?
- Which is your favourite kind of landscape? The sea, mountains, Woods or something else? Do have a preferation at all?